- We encourage our users to communicate and resolve disputes using the Resolution Center.
- Requests to cancel an order after completion will be assessed by our Customer Support team, based on:
- Violations to our Terms of Service.
- General misconduct, such as harassment, unlawful behavior, etc.
- Improper usage of Fiverr's delivery system.
- Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- Fiverr Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Active Orders (after the buyer submits their requirements and before the seller delivers on Fiverr)
- The seller is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours after the order is marked as Late.
- Users are abusive towards the other party, which includes threats of low ratings or using personal information against each other.
- Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials within the order.
- The user is no longer an active Fiverr user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
- Delivered Orders (after the seller clicks Deliver Now and before the order is marked as complete)
- Seller marked the order as "completed" but did not provide the final service.
- Note: Multiple reports of this behavior will lead to suspension of the seller's account.
- The seller didn't deliver any files or proof of work, which was agreed upon in the original order requirement.
- Note: Subjectivity of the materials in question will be reviewed by our Customer Support team.
- The seller requests additional payments, on or off the Fiverr platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
- The seller is withholding the final delivery for improved ratings.
- Buyers who abuse the Request Revisions button and ask for different services than agreed upon requirements.
- Buyers who threaten to leave a bad rating to gain more services from the seller, not related to the agreed requirements.
- Completed Orders (after the order is marked as complete and before the 14 day limitation)
- Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
- Buyers who did not purchase commercial use rights and are reported to have used the materials commercially.
- Note: Terms of Commercial use is found on the seller’s Gig page and cannot be retroactively included once the order is completed for over 14 days.
What if I have an issue with my seller or delivered service?
Buyers may contact Customer Support at any time to review your order for advice on how to proceed with their orders. Our Customer Support team will take many factors into consideration, such as the seller's ratings, responsiveness, and past order history to assess the most appropriate action to take. In most cases, buyers are directed to communicate further with their sellers if there's no justifiable reason to cancel the order.
Order cancellations, similar to Requesting Revisions for your delivered order, will not be done based on personal taste. Buyers are given the option to rate their experience with the seller and share their experience in a feedback review.
Avoid filing a dispute with your payment provider for your orders, as this is not in compliance with our Terms of Service, which may also result in restricting your account until those payment holds are cleared.
Each case is reviewed carefully by our Customer Support team to assess the most appropriate action. Additionally, we can cancel orders, which were made by mistake but will always check if the order is tied to an ongoing service to protect our sellers.
What happens after an order is cancelled?
If an order is cancelled, the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer’s shopping balance. If your Gig was purchased with cleared revenue, the funds will return to your revenue balance. Your total account balance (revenue + shopping) can be found next to your username on the top menu in the right corner.
Additionally, when an order is cancelled, buyers no longer retain the rights to use any of the services or the items delivered to them. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Gig, and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason.
What happens if a dispute is opened and now the order is cancelled?
If a chargeback was made on a purchase or is subject to review by a payment vendor - Fiverr will cancel the order automatically. Whenever a transaction is being reviewed by a payment vendor, we may be required to cancel a transaction completely or put it on hold for your own protection (for example - stolen credit card, other fraud activities, etc.). This is part of the service we provide to maintain a safe environment for our users.