Your inbox is where you receive messages regarding Gigs. You can archive old messages and view conversation threads between buyers and sellers like a typical email client. Links to your previous history, with other users, is provided for your convenience. You can also see icons next to the usernames in the list of messages, which indicate the buyer status, such as Fiverr Top Buyer and Repeat Buyer.
You can also see updates to any of your orders through your inbox. Clicking on the message will take you to the relevant order page to continue your conversation.
Note: If you receive any message that is considered to be spam or violates our Terms of Service, please click the Report button found in the bottom right corner next to the time stamp on the message.
To perform actions in your inbox:
- Once logged in, from the main menu, click the Inbox icon.
A list of inbox message previews is displayed. To view a specific message, click it.
- To view your entire inbox, click View Inbox.
- To the left of each email, you can select the check box and perform a number of options on one or more emails.
- You can use the search box to the right to search orders, users, and messages.
- To send a message, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Enter (PC) or Cmd + Enter (Mac).
The following are available options:
Note: Once logged in, you can see menu items on the left, which reflect the options available on the page.
- All/None: By clicking on the check box drop-down, you can select All or None to perform bulk actions on the emails in your view. For example, you can select all emails and then click Move to Archive to archive these emails.
- Read/Unread: By clicking on the check box drop-down, you can select Read or Unread to perform bulk actions on emails that meet this criteria. On the menu, you can click Unread to filter and see all unread emails in your view.
- Starred/Unstarred: By clicking on the check box drop-down, you can select Starred or Unstarred to perform bulk actions on emails that meet this criteria. On the menu, can click Starred to filter and see all emails you marked with a star. To mark an email that's important (star), just click the Star icon next to the email.
- Archived: By selecting one or more emails, you can move the emails to the archive. On the menu, you can click Archived to filter and see all archived emails in your view.
- Sent: You can click Sent to see all the emails you have sent or replied to.
- Orders: Any messages, such as updates, which relate to an order will appear here.
- Custom Offers: On the menu, you can click Custom Offers to see a view of all email conversations in which you sent a Custom Offer.
- Follow-up: By selecting one or more emails, you can create a follow-up label to help you keep track of your communications. On the menu, you can click Follow-up to filter and see a list of all emails you have to follow up on.
- Nudge: By selecting one or more emails, you can create a Nudge label to help you keep track of your communications. On the menu, you can click Nudge to filter and see a list of all emails you have marked with this label.
- New Label: You can click this to add a personalized label.
- RESPONSE RATE: This is the response rate indicator, which shows the percentage of inquiries you responded to in the last 30 days. It also displays your average response time.
How is this calculated?
If you fail to respond within 24 hours, it will affect your rating. The percentage is calculated by dividing replies by first time messages in the past 30 days. For example, if you received 10 first time messages in the past 10 days (one each day) and you answered nine of them within 24 hours, your response rate will be 90%.
Note: Next to each label, you can click the Edit icon, to rename the label or click the Delete icon, to remove the label.
Within each individual email, you can:
- Starred/Unstarred, Move to Archive, Mark as Unread: You can perform these actions as described above.
- Delete: You can click the Delete icon to permanently delete the email.
- Labels/Conversation(s): You can give your email a specific label by selecting from the drop-down list.
- Add to Todo's: If you feel the email is important and you would like to take action on it at a later time, you can add it to your ToDo page.
- Purchases Related: If there was a purchase related to this user, you can click the Purchase link and go to the details of the order.
- Sales Related: If there was a sale related to this user, you can click the Sale link and go to the details of the order.
Note: Just above each individual message box, you can see the user’s status (i.e. online or away), and you can also see the user’s local time.